Thursday, December 2, 2010

11/2/10: Zichron Ya'akov

At the beginning of November, our group visited Zichron Ya'akov, one of the first settlements of Jewish Pioneers in Israel.  We went to Ramat Hanadiv gardens, saw the grave of Baron Edward James de Rothschild, founder of the settlement, visited a museum about the 1st Aliyah (group of people moving to Israel), and had lunch in a cute shopping center area.  
Danit & Me at Ramat Hanadiv
Almost died when I saw this... but I think it's actually pretty common as bus drivers need their beauty sleep too
Chinese Food menu... amusing to see pork written in Hebrew (literal translation is white meat)
After lunch, we visited Tishbi Winery where we toured and tasted delicious wines.  I pretended to remember things I learned in the Wines course I took Senior year at Cornell.  
Sharing my wine expertise... 
We ended our trip with a hike along the shore of the Dor Habonim beach and enjoyed a beautiful sunset.
Soooo pretty
Awesome bed of seashells instead of sand
Every Sunset in Israel is AMAZING
  

No comments:

Post a Comment